Construction experience is at the heart of everything we do.
In the world of construction, we are recognized for meaningfully shaping the law through the cases we resolve, the pro bono contributions we make, and our participation in national and international initiatives that have improved the rapidly evolving construction and real estate development industries.
Our lawyers understand the unique nuances, risks and day-to-day realities of the jobsite, boardroom and courtroom, and help our clients to be powerfully resilient in a highly competitive marketplace. We have a reputation for being meticulous and a step ahead of other law firms in ensuring you to get best value from cutting edge project delivery systems and construction technology.
When our firm opened more than twenty years ago, we had three core capabilities that continue to distinguish our practice from other lawyers:
- Construction and design experience. You won’t have to teach us how to read plans or explain the impact of critical path delay on your jobsite. Every attorney in our office has construction industry experience in addition to a law degree, so the solutions we offer to your legal challenges won’t be buried in legalese and unnecessary minutia. We give straightforward advice that can be readily implemented in the field.
- Passion for new technology. We understand the critical benefits technology has brought to the industry. To help you deliver better and more efficient projects—working leaner and smarter—we provide legal services to support our clients’ development and implementation of advanced software and emerging technologies. Rely on us to address legal issues of permitting, code compliance, structural analysis and liability for processes like BIM, 3D printing, prefabrication, robotic field assembly, and partnered project delivery mechanisms. Whether you’re working on this planet or seeking to explore development in Earth’s orbit and beyond, we’re here to help.
- Commitment to regenerative sustainability. We have a deep commitment to sustainability and strive to help our clients regenerate natural resources and preserve the quality of our human wellbeing. We help you achieve solutions that resolve immediate needs but also maximize project life-cycle benefits to drive more energy-efficient operation, reduced maintenance costs and increased quality of life.
Each of our lawyers has an impressive array of legal credentials, backed by real-world experience working in construction, real estate and public bond finance. Our extensive—and growing—list of certifications, degrees and accreditations include:
- Structural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Life Cycle Sustainability/LEED®
- Title Agency and Examination
- Building Information Modeling
- Business Administration/Finance
Whether your project will involve preparing contracts to create billions of dollars of improvements abroad on an engineer-procure-construct (EPC) basis, or you need help resolving a single change order or lien claim, Hurtado Zimmerman SC has the experience you need to guide you meaningfully through the legal issues you are confronting.
Contractors, government agencies, architects, engineers and developers across the State of Wisconsin and around the world know they can count on Hurtado Zimmerman SC to deliver the legal solutions they need. Call us today to discuss how we can be of service to you.