We are experienced Public Finance Lawyers
As communities look for funding partners on everything from stadiums to affordable housing, public finance is growing in importance, popularity—and complexity.
Whether you’re a public entity, the driving force behind a development or an investor trying to determine if a project fits your or your clients’ investment needs, we have the knowledge and experience to successfully negotiate a wide range of public finance project terms.
Hurtado Zimmerman SC has served as bond counsel, co-bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and borrower’s counsel for a range of public and private entities.
Our clients include: developers (public and private), municipal and state governments and governmental agencies, engineering firms, contractors, architects and lenders.
Rely on us to:
- Negotiate and document project financing terms
- Secure letters of credit
- Prepare applications for private and federal grant/loan programs (including HUD)
- Analyze funding options and secure/restructure public and private financing
- Draft resolutions for public review
- Present projects to public bodies to secure bond resolution approval
- Prepare and negotiate mortgages, UCC filings and other security mechanisms
- Ensure compliance with bond requirements
- Issue legal opinions related to issuance underwriting
- General obligation bonds—with and without full faith and credit and bonding backstops
- Revenue and refunding revenue bonds and notes
- Commercial paper and short-term issuances
- School/sewer revenue anticipation notes
- Private school bonds
- Tax increment financing
- Green bond certification and green incentive tax credits for energy conservation and renewable energy use
- Economic development and multiple tranche loan packages
- American Recovery Act funding