We are experienced Public Finance Lawyers located in the Milwaukee area
As communities look for funding partners on everything from stadiums to affordable housing, public finance is growing in importance, popularity—and complexity.
Whether you’re a public entity, the driving force behind a development or an investor trying to determine if a project fits your or your clients’ investment needs, we have the knowledge and experience to successfully negotiate a wide range of public finance project terms.
Hurtado Zimmerman SC has served as bond counsel, co-bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and borrower’s counsel for a range of public and private entities.
Our clients include: developers (public and private), municipal and state governments and governmental agencies, engineering firms, contractors, architects and lenders.
Rely on us to:
- Negotiate and document project financing terms
- Secure letters of credit
- Prepare applications for private and federal grant/loan programs (including HUD)
- Analyze funding options and secure/restructure public and private financing
- Draft resolutions for public review
- Present projects to public bodies to secure bond resolution approval
- Prepare and negotiate mortgages, UCC filings and other security mechanisms
- Ensure compliance with bond requirements
- Issue legal opinions related to issuance underwriting
- General obligation bonds—with and without full faith and credit and bonding backstops
- Revenue and refunding revenue bonds and notes
- Commercial paper and short-term issuances
- School/sewer revenue anticipation notes
- Private school bonds
- Tax increment financing
- Green bond certification and green incentive tax credits for energy conservation and renewable energy use
- Economic development and multiple tranche loan packages
- American Recovery Act funding